type3kcad

This blog was established for the Typography 3 students of Kendall College of Art + Design.

Monday, September 04, 2006

What the hell is type, and why am I taking this course?

These are the current thoughts that swim in my head.

Along with:

What kind of font to use? How big? How should those letters and words be spaced, shaped, aligned..manipulated....?
Well I guess I'm still figuring out what type is,
and how to use it better in my design.
(which I'm sure is part of your aim as well)
But I don't believe I'll ever find the answer,
it's sort of an ongoing...thing.....

So.
I ask this question,
expecting a profound answer.

Why are you taking this class?

With your answer in mind, I suggest you keep that in the front of your mind whilst designing these projects for class.
For I believe this will help us answer our own questions and get the most out of class, not just help us pass the class, because that's bullshit.

We should all post under this subject, WHY we are taking this class, and what we want to get out of it. With that done, we should all try to push eachother as much as possible. FIN.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger jalger said...

A good beginning. I look forward to the replies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home