type3kcad

This blog was established for the Typography 3 students of Kendall College of Art + Design.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

type hotline

I had to drive to Lansing today and go wedding dress shopping with my older sister. In an attempt to maintain my will to live, I was paying even closer attention to the type around me.
I always try to name the typeface used in signs, and a few time I was so close to remembering it but I was stumped. a few other times I was so distraught by the use of papyrus (on the Okemos Wellness Center sign? how the hell can you get well with that trash outside!?) that I felt I needed some support.
well, my family has told me numerous times not to talk to them about type because they don't freakin care, so I was without help.

I think we should set up a type crisis hotline.
anyone?
this could save lives.

3 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

hahahaha....you know how I feel. You make me laugh!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hello my name is Nicole, and here at the Typophile Hotline we are here to help and want you to know that we feel your pain. Papyrus hurts us too Now please step away from the ledge and lets talk about type.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Jacob said...

my least favorite letter is P therefore i must not like papyrus just like you.. its always jumpin to conclusions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home