type3kcad

This blog was established for the Typography 3 students of Kendall College of Art + Design.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Type popup book.

Here is another way of approaching the Idea of a type popup book.



The alphabet in volume is connected in the shape of an edition bearing the name of the character. It with an architectural aspect and the impact of the light makes it possible to better reveal volumes of the letters. Each letter is built on the same principle of folding and starting from a simple sheet A4 Bristol-board.


View a cool video of the book --HERE--

I think this book does a great job of using light and shadows, and a 3d environment. It is amazing what you see at different angels as the book pages are turned.

I found the black gloves a little funny though, but it is part of the presentation in the video.

What do you think about this popup book? Are there any letter you would change? Did you try making a letter in this style? because I tried.

I love how the 'E' changes as the book gets turned, but I think the A design could have been improved. I also do not like how the pages look when the book is closed, and I think the binding our class mate (sorry Im not good with names) used is better and would make this book look so much better when closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home