type3kcad

This blog was established for the Typography 3 students of Kendall College of Art + Design.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2012 Olympic Logo



I found on Design Observer that people are rather unhappy that this is the new logo for 2012 Olympics. It kind of hurts my head,
even better London released a promotional animation on TV with the logo turning into things and I guess during a bit of
flashing it caused epilepsy seizures in quite a few people. Here is the article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jun/06/marketingandpr.olympics2012

My Question: What do you think of it?

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

I was thinking for a little while hoping to find a more legit way to say this but I'm just going to be blunt.
that shit is ugly.
kind of reminds me of nickelodeon except it isn't cool because it's not a logo for a tv show where participants get slime (which I always associated with Pert Plus) dumped on their heads.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger k.deyoung said...

intense.

the disjointed diamond thing on the second two bothers me. overall, not my fav.

but i would like to watch that video.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Rex said...

this takes the concept of progressively retro to a whole new, and somewhat confusing, level. kinda gay disco meets the crazy parachute pants i wore as a kid....

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ben said...

mmm... 80's night meets Japan—angry pink Godzilla intervenes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home