type3kcad

This blog was established for the Typography 3 students of Kendall College of Art + Design.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spicy Type

While cruising the Dieline I managed upon this little nugget. . . it's a little package design oriented, but the final type display is appreciable in itself.

I thought it was a nice transformation from a less than intriguing package to one of those jump-off-the-shelf sort of pieces. The type was really appealing as well, when it came to the final re-vamped product. I'm pretty partial to package design, as I'm sure most of us are, and it would probably be one of those products I pull of the shelf and buy just because I like the type treatment and it's unique little packaging. 

Either way, it's a very nice 360 from the original package and type.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger John said...

Personally, I don't like it. Sure, it'll pop off the shelf and designers may get a kick out of it, but will the average customer be sold better with this? The original was simple, classy (ish), straight and to the point, and did its job, albeit not perfect.

At first glance it's difficult to even tell that food is being sold in the new one. Bright, vibrant colors on black, trendy type (ironic that I consider cooper to be trendy now) with no imagery-- the average consumer doesn't buy into these things as easily as us. Food containers have pictures and windows because people like to see what they're buying to eat.

I suppose it'd depend on the target audience. The younger crowd may be sold on it, but I'm not convinced the average consumer would buy into this as much as the original. I'm interested to hear if their sales went up after the redesign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home